SURFACE EMITTING SEMICONDUCTOR LASERS & ARRAYS
EVANSGARY EVANS AND JACOB M. HAMMER
Quantidade limitada no estoque. Envio imediato.
Editora Academic Press
Área FÍS. DA MAT. CONDENSADA
Número de páginas 505
Surface emitting semiconductor lasers (SELs) are currently extending semiconductor laser art to higher performance levels with new applications. This book reviews all the basic types of SELs, including vertical cavity, etched-mirror integrated beam deflectors, and grating out-coupled devices. Written by outstanding contributors to the field, the book also addresses such topics as edge-emitting arrays, thermal management, coherence, and external and monolithic phase locking for all types of semiconductor lasers. This text will be of interest to researchers in semiconductor lasers, communications, computers, laser radar, manufacturing, medicine, nonlinear optics, and spectroscopy.
* First complete review of the field of surface emitting lasers.
* Discusses the practical aspects of thermal considerations, coherence, and external and monolithic phase locking for all types of semiconductor lasers.
* Emphasizes the affect of SELs on large area optical computing and neural networks.
* Explains how SELs aloow for coherent, large-area optical emissions, resulting in high optical output power and narrow beam divergence.
* Features chapters detailing why SELs are key components in opto-electronic integrated circuits (OEICs), the optical analog of electrical integrated circuits.